Thursday 13 August 2015

Raisins and Cranberries French Yoghurt Cake







Hiii..!!!!!!!

Today I am so happy to share with you all an awesome cake recipe.
 Baking is one of my passion and I love to experiment on this field. One such experiment is this cake. I wanted to finish of the yoghurt lying on my refrigerator since many days and the expiry date is not so far. So, even my initial plan was to bake a vanilla cake, this one attracted me the most. I was almost sure about the result even before I started baking this cake. The aroma from the cake batter itself is enough to confirm an absolutely nice cake.

I am guaranteeing you 100% that, once u bake this cake, you are going to fall in love with this, as I did!!
 

 

 

Ingredients

  • All purpose flour - 1+1/2 cup (180 gms)
  • Baking powder - 2 tsp
  • Baking soda- 1 tsp
  • Salt - a pinch
  • Cooking oil - 1/2 cup (120ml) I used sunflower oil
  • Thick yoghurt - 3/4 cup (180ml)
  • Sugar - 1 cup (200 gms)
  • Eggs - 2
  • Vanilla essence - 1 tblspn
  • Chopped raisins and cranberries - 1/2 cup
  • Sliced almonds - few (Optional)

Method

  • Arrange all the ingredients
 

 
  • Preheat the oven @170 deg C. Take a loaf pan. Dust some flour and coat all the sides of the pan. Tap off the excess flour. Keep aside



  • Sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda at least twice and keep it aside

  • In another bowl, combine Oil, Yoghurt, Sugar, Eggs, Salt and Vanilla essence. Whisk it well until everything is combined
 

 
  • Add half of the flour. Mix gently.

  • Add the remaining half and mix gently. Do not over mix as you do not want to spoil the aeration which will prevent the cake from rising.




  • Add chopped raisins and cranberries. Fold in gently.

  • Transfer this to your greased loaf pan and sprinkle some sliced almonds on top.

  • Bake in the preheated oven in the same temperature for about 55 mins to 1 hour. The baking time varies from oven to oven. So always keep an eye in between. 

  • Insert a tooth pick and if it comes out clean, your cake is done. Remove from the oven. Run your knife through edges to loosen it. Let it cool for 15 mins before removing out from the pan.

  • Slice and serve once its cooled down completely.

  • Enjoy this soft, spongy yummy cake with a cup of tea/coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment