Thursday 23 July 2015

Eggless Milk Powder Cake


The more I bake, the more I love it.. and now a days I am trying to prepare eggless and butterless cakes, so that to some extent it will be useful for weight watchers like me.
I love simple cakes, which is easy to prepare and with mild falvors.
I had a lot of milk powder at home and was confused about how to finish it. I googled and googled to find out something interesting. At last, I came up with this mind blowing cake.
I have modified the original recipe to suit my diet requirements. But I feel the result was really mind blowing, because it had an amazing texture and colour. I couldn't stop with one slice. My hubby liked it so much that he said 100 times that it is too good and asked me to prepare again and again.

 

Ingredients

  • All purpose flour / Maida - 1+3/4 cup (210 gms)
  • Sugar - 3/4 cup (150 gms)
  • Milk powder - 3/4 cup (100 gms)
  • Vanilla essense - 1 tsp
  • Oil -  1/2 cup+1 tblspn (100 gms)
  • Baking soda - 1 tsp
  • Baking powder - 2 tsp
  • Yoghurt (unsour) - 1/2 cup (120 ml)
  • Milk - 1/2 cup(120 ml)
  • Water - 1/2 cup (120 ml)
  • Almonds - 1/4 cup, chopped
  • Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 tblspn

Method

  • Take all your ingredients (Forgot Apple Cider Vinegar in the pic)


  • Preheat the oven @160 Deg Celcious. Take a loaf pan and grease it well using oil or butter. Sprinkle some flour and coat on all the sides. Tap out the excess flour and keep it aside.

  • In a vessel, mix together milk, curd and  water. Mix really well.

  • Sieve together flour, milk powder, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve them 2 or 3 times until everything is combined.
 

 
  • In another vessel, mix oil, sugar, vanilla essence and Apple Cider Vinegar.

  • Now all 3 mixtures are ready; flour mixture, sugar and oil mixture and milk-curd mixture.

  • To the sugar and oil mixture, add half of the flour mixture and full milk-curd mixture. Use a whisk/spatula and fold in gently.
  • Now add the remaining flour mixture and fold again gently, just until there are no lumps and everything is combined.

  • Pour the entire batter in to the loaf pan and sprinkle some chopped almonds on top.
 

 
  • Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

  • Take out from the oven and allow it to cool atleast for 20 minutes.
  • Run a knife through the edges and remove the cake from the pan. Allow it to cool. Slice / cut them and Serve. 
  

 

4 comments:

  1. We sell skimmed Aavin Milk Powder in retail. Aavin produces more than 75 tonnes of milk powder every day. Aavin Milk federation is also using it for producing it for more than 75 tonnes of milk powder each day after distributing milk. Aavin Milk is available in abundance, there is plenty of milk powder available in stock, after the procurement price being increased last year. Aavin Milk Powder is available at 160 per 500g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your recipe Eggless Milk Powder Cake, its very tasty and we as a family enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. I recommend it for everyone to try once its a very amazing.

    Milk Powder

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cake and this recipe make me fall more into it. Thanks for adding value. Do publish more articles related to cake names

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe.
    Can we substitute maida with whole wheat flour? Same quantity?

    ReplyDelete